Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-26 11:12:37

The group I worked with in undergrad just setup Cacti for monitoring
three cluster setups they have running. It is pretty snazzy. One of
the cool things is the dynamic zoom feature they have going on.

Go to: (username/password -> guest/guest) [This is publicly known
username/password so no worries about posting to a listserv, just
don't pass around too much as I don't want to overwhelm their servers]
   http://hp.cluster.earlham.edu/cacti/

Click on 'Servers' -> 'Host: Hopper'

Click on the magnifying glass beside the lo0 graph (or any of the
graphs).

Use your mouse to make a bounding box in the graph by clicking and
dragging until the section you want to look at is in the red box.

When you release your mouse button it will zoon in the graph.

I thought this was totally cool for a variety of reasons, but the UI
of the graph zoom may influence how we want to integrate such
functionality in the MTT reporter.

-- Josh