Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-24 21:00:32

If the "whatami" shell script is missing and we get blank values for
the following fields, should we error/abort the MTT client? I'm
thinking yes... opinions?

- platform_type
- platform_hardware
- os_name
- os_version

All of these fields are settable from the INI file (in the [MTT]
section). The default value for them is to invoke &whatami() (with
various arguments, which ends up invoking the "whatami" executable)
to get the values. So most people won't need to do anything. But
when we go to an MTT tarball that does not ship "whatami", it is
plausible that you might get empty values for these fields without
realizing it.

Thoughts?

Cisco Systems