Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-19 10:23:15

I just implemented a 'fix' for this in which if the client submits a
test_build or test_run without proper lineage instead of guessing
(any mostly getting it wrong) we just point the result to an 'undef'
row. This will allow us to more effectively track these going
forward, and maybe even remove them if needed.

So I guess I wouldn't worry about it past this morning, but it is
something we might want to ponder about a bit more by looking at how
the reporter/submit scripts should deal with Already Installed
scenarios.

-- Josh

On Sep 19, 2007, at 10:08 AM, Ethan Mallove wrote:

> On Mon, Sep/17/2007 10:46:45AM, Josh Hursey wrote:
>> I've been getting quite a few errors from submit.php of
>> the below form. It seems that the MPI Install that is
>> being referenced is not valid. Could this is an 'already
>> installed' issue where the user is trying to submit
>> results to the database without having submitted an
>> mpi_install?
>

> You are correct. Some test reporter-less runs were done
> before some runs that used the MTTDatabase reporter were
> done. I guess the rule of thumb is to, from the outset, run
> using --trial if you plan to eventually send to the
> database.
>
> -Ethan
>

>> -- Josh
>>
>> On Sep 17, 2007, at 10:37 AM, jjhursey_at_[hidden] wrote:
>>
>>> find_mpi_install_id():
>>> The following SELECT returned -1:
>>> -------------------------------
>>> SELECT mpi_install_id