Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-24 10:49:46

Guys take a look at this email, and let me know if there is anything
missing before we sent it out.

================

The MTT development team has been working diligently on server side
optimizations over the past few months. This work involved major
changes to the database schema, web reporter, and web submit
components of the server. At the bottom of this email are some rough
numbers showing the difference between the current and the new versions.

We want to roll out the new server side optimizations on Monday, Aug.
27. Given the extensive nature of the improvements the MTT server
will need to be taken down for a few hours for this upgrade to take
place. We are planning on taking down the MTT server at 8 am EDT and
we hope to have it back by Noon EDT.

MTT users that would normally submit results during this time range
will need to disable their runs, or they will see server error
messages during this outage.

This upgrade does not require any client changes, so outside of the
down time contributors need not change or upgrade their MTT
installations.

Below are a few rough performance numbers illustrating the difference
between the old and new server versions as seen by the reporter.

Summary report: 24 hours, all orgs
    87 sec - old version
     6 sec - new version
Summary report: 24 hours, org = 'iu'
    37 sec - old
     4 sec - new
Summary report: Past 3 days, all orgs
   138 sec - old
     9 sec - new
Summary report: Past 3 days, org = 'iu'
    49 sec - old
    11 sec - new
Summary report: Past 2 weeks, all orgs
   863 sec - old
    34 sec - new
Summary report: Past 2 weeks, org = 'iu'
   878 sec - old
    12 sec - new
Summary report: Past 1 month, all org
  1395 sec - old
   158 sec - new
Summary report: Past 1 month, org = 'iu'
  1069 sec - old
    39 sec - new
Summary report: (2007-06-18 - 2007-06-19), all org
   484 sec - old
     5 sec - new
Summary report: (2007-06-18 - 2007-06-19), org = 'iu'
   479 sec - old
     2 sec - new