(readding the list to CC).

OK, good to know it actually works.
v1.7.2 doesn't get any PCI device (and therefore no CUDA devices) because you don't have PCI libraries/headers installed (see "Installation" in http://www.open-mpi.org/projects/hwloc/doc/v1.8rc1/ ).
v1.8 has a new Linux-specific way to discover PCI devices, that's why it works there.

Note that --whole-system isn't relevant here (it's only about showing processors/cores that have been reserved by the administrator). --whole-io isn't strictly needed either (GPUs are always shown by default in lstopo).

cpuinfo.txt doesn't contain the kernel version ("uname -a" would be more useful) but I don't need this information anymore anyway.

Looks like I am ready to release the final hwloc v1.8 now :)

Brice

Le 18/11/2013 04:17, Solibakke Per Bjarte a écrit :
Dear Brice Goglin

Sorry, there must have been a version problem on my machine from 1.7.2 to 1.8rc1. The lstopo —whole-system now report the bridges and the CoProc L#2 “cuda0” + pci´s +++

Here is the answers for your questions and the attached bz2-file (if you are interested)?

First question is UBUNTU 12.04 with CUDA-5.5 installed.
Open-MPI-1.7.3 for parallell processing and hwloc for the mpirun-command.
Kernel: cpu_info.txt

The hwloc version 1.8rc1 – version and “—io” worked well.
The lstopo —whole –io solibakke did also work well.

The bz2-file is attached (68K)

I will now “—use-hwthread-cpus" in the mpirun-command.

Thank you.

Regards
PBSolibakke

Dr.econ Per Bjarte Solibakke
Professor
per.b.solibakke@himolde.no
Cell phone: 004790035606
Phone: 004771214238

From: Brice Goglin <Brice.Goglin@inria.fr>
Date: Monday 18 November 2013 11:14
To: Per B Solibakke <per.b.solibakke@himolde.no>
Subject: Re: Regarding the Dell 8 core machine with GPUs

--io is only in hwloc v1.8, did you use this one?
I can't do anything with the tarball unless you pass this option.
Also you forgot to reply to the other questions :)

Brice

Le 18/11/2013 03:12, Solibakke Per Bjarte a écrit :
Dear Brice Goglin

The “—io” -option did not work. I therefore produced the command without the “—io” - option.
It is attached to this e-mail.

(the file size is 13K)