This seems unrelated since he seems to be running Linux anyway.

We got that information a while ago but I couldn't do anything with it because (I think) I didn't have access to a Windows release that supported this. And, bigger problem, I don't have access to a Windows machine with more than one socket. I can't actually test the code anywhere.

Are you volunteering to write some code? I am not saying that you should write the entire hwloc support, but some example would help a lot.

Once we have the device locality, we'll need the devices too. The windows code misses the entire device listing code. Do you have any idea how to list PCI devices, match them with CUDA GPUs, etc ?

Brice

Le 18/11/2013 02:52, Ashley Reid a écrit :

Maybe not completely related to your issue, but the windows code misses the correct enumeration to see where the GPU is in a NUMA system. The code needs to look at:

Use “DEVPKEY_Numa_Proximity_Domain” and “DEVPKEY_Device_Numa_Node” when calling SetupDiGetDeviceProperty.

Links:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff543536(v=vs.85).aspx

   “Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, and Windows 2000 do not support this property.” – So should be fine on win7 and win8?

http://blogs.technet.com/b/winserverperformance/archive/2008/09/13/getting-system-topology-information-on-windows.aspx

But this only works if the bios has the right ACPI entries, we filed a bug and got a update for the z820 from HP. This relies on the _PXM  value in the ACPI tables.

You can use windbg and !nstree to view the tables. There inside should be some _PXM values.

Ash