Sorry, I missed the mail on OMPI-users.

This hwloc looks veeeeeeeeeeeery old. We don't have Misc objects instead of Groups since we switched from 0.9 to 1.0. You should regenerate the XML file with a hwloc version that came out after the big bang (or better, after the asteroid killed the dinosaurs). Please resend that XML from a recent hwloc so that we can get a better clue of the problem.

Assuming there's a bug in OMPI's hwloc, I would suggests downloading hwloc 1.5.3 and running make check on that machine. And try again with hwloc 1.7.2 in case that's already fixed.

thanks
Brice

Le 01/11/2013 15:24, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) a écrit :
Paul Kapinos originally reported this issue on the OMPI users list.

He is showing a stack trace from OMPI-1.7.3, which uses hwloc 1.5.2 (note that OMPI 1.7.4 will use hwloc 1.7.2).

I tried to read the xml file he provided with the git hwloc master HEAD, and it fails:

-----
❯❯❯ ./utils/lstopo -i lstopo_linuxitvc00.xml
ignoring depth attribute for object type without depth
ignoring depth attribute for object type without depth
XML component discovery failed.
hwloc_topology_load() failed (Invalid argument).
-----

Any idea what's happening here?

BTW, I can apply the fix to both the OMPI SVN trunk and v1.7 branch (since OMPI v1.7 is now up to hwloc 1.7.2).

jsquyres@cisco.com