Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] [hwloc-announce] Hardware locality (hwloc) v1.9 released
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-01 04:54:36

Le 01/04/2014 10:43, Jiri Hladky a écrit :
> Hi Brice,
>
> I see some compiler warnings when building rpm package for Fedora:
>
> topology-windows.c: In function 'hwloc_win_get_VirtualAllocExNumaProc':
> topology-windows.c:338:30: warning: assignment from incompatible
> pointer type [enabled by default]
> topology-windows.c:343:28: warning: assignment from incompatible
> pointer type [enabled by default]
> topology-windows.c: In function 'hwloc_look_windows':
> topology-windows.c:500:36: warning: assignment from incompatible
> pointer type [enabled by default]
> topology-windows.c:501:38: warning: assignment from incompatible
> pointer type [enabled by default]

You already reported those on February 13th and we replied that they are
harmless :)

Moreover, these warnings come from make check under tests/ports when
verifying that the Windows backend builds fine using "emulated" Windows
headers under Linux. Something that for sure cannot be perfect. If you
have a way to ignore make check warnings, at least under tests/ports,
that'd be good.

> hwloc_backends.c: In function 'main':
> hwloc_backends.c:42:10: warning: ignoring return value of 'mkstemp',
> declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]

Another warning from make check. We mostly don't care, I'll see if I can
fix it.

I am fixing the manpage problem and backporting it.

thanks!
Brice