Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] BGQ question.
From: Chris Samuel (samuel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-25 08:28:16

On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 06:51:49 AM Biddiscombe, John A. wrote:

> I’m compiling hwloc using clang (bgclang++11 from ANL) to run on IO nodes af
> a BGQ.

Out of interest, why on an I/O node?

> It seems to have compiled ok, and when I run lstopo, I get an output
> like this (below), which looks reasonable, but there are 15 sockets instead
> of 16.

I've not tried on our I/O nodes, but looking at /proc/cpuinfo on one it
reports 68 cores (hardware threads), thus 17 real cores (on CNK one of those
is reserved for the CNK so is not available for codes without determined
fiddling).

-bash-4.1# grep -w processor /proc/cpuinfo | wc -l
68

This is V1R2M0 (RHEL 6.3 based).

cheers,
Chris

 Email: samuel_at_[hidden] Phone: +61 (0)3 903 55545