Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] Having trouble getting CPU Model string on Windows 7 x64
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-28 02:10:13

Hello,

The CPUModel attribute should be only in Socket or machine/root objects.
At least, that's what I documented and what I seem to see in the code.
Did you actually see any other place?

So it may just mean that the CPUModel is not available on your machine?
Or maybe the code below is buggy somehow? Does lstopo -v on Windows show
a CPUModel attribute? It does in a 32bits binary running on my Win7
64bits, but doesn't seem to find anything when running the 64bits
binary. I don't remember well if there was a specific Windows 64bits
issue in the cpuid code in the x86 backend.

Brice