Subject: [hwloc-users] [windows] build from source using visual studio
From: Eloi Gaudry (Eloi.Gaudry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-06 14:59:33

Hi,

I was wondering if you could add Visual Studio support to build hwloc from source.
Some open source projects (libpng for instance) for instance distribute a "contrib" folder in the sources where every exotic platforms get their makefiles-like available.
I begun to write vcxproj (for Visual Studio 2010 and 2012) a file ago, but I failed at creating the right autogenerated file used for configure.

I'm very much interested in building hwloc from source to tune what hwloc relies on to work. For instance, version-1.7.2 has a strong dependency on some symbols available on Windows 6.x only. This means that Windows x64 is not supported.

Regards,
Eloi