Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] Regarding the Dell 8 core machine with GPUs
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-18 06:24:59

(readding the list to CC).

OK, good to know it actually works.
v1.7.2 doesn't get any PCI device (and therefore no CUDA devices)
because you don't have PCI libraries/headers installed (see
"Installation" in http://www.open-mpi.org/projects/hwloc/doc/v1.8rc1/ ).
v1.8 has a new Linux-specific way to discover PCI devices, that's why it
works there.

Note that --whole-system isn't relevant here (it's only about showing
processors/cores that have been reserved by the administrator).
--whole-io isn't strictly needed either (GPUs are always shown by
default in lstopo).

cpuinfo.txt doesn't contain the kernel version ("uname -a" would be more
useful) but I don't need this information anymore anyway.

Looks like I am ready to release the final hwloc v1.8 now :)

Brice