Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] DELL 8 core machine + Quadro K5000 GPU Card...
From: Ashley Reid (areid_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-18 04:52:01

Maybe not completely related to your issue, but the windows code misses the correct enumeration to see where the GPU is in a NUMA system. The code needs to look at:

Use "DEVPKEY_Numa_Proximity_Domain" and "DEVPKEY_Device_Numa_Node" when calling SetupDiGetDeviceProperty.

Links:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff543536(v=vs.85).aspx

   "Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, and Windows 2000 do not support this property." - So should be fine on win7 and win8?

http://blogs.technet.com/b/winserverperformance/archive/2008/09/13/getting-system-topology-information-on-windows.aspx

But this only works if the bios has the right ACPI entries, we filed a bug and got a update for the z820 from HP. This relies on the _PXM value in the ACPI tables.

You can use windbg and !nstree to view the tables. There inside should be some _PXM values.

Ash