Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] [hwloc-announce] Hardware locality (hwloc) v1.8rc1 released
From: Jiri Hladky (hladky.jiri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-08 19:33:20

Hi Brice,

I have bumped into the following issue:

hwloc-1.7.2:
This works as expected:
utils/hwloc-calc core:0-1 -H pu
PU:0 PU:1 PU:2 PU:3

Now intuitively one would expect this to work as well (as supported by
taskset/numactl commands)
utils/hwloc-calc core:0,1 -H pu
PU:0 PU:1
Unfortunately, ",1" is silently ignored.

hwloc-1.8rc1 does better:
$ ./hwloc-calc core:0,1 -H pu
invalid character at `,1' after index at `0,1'
ignored unrecognized argument core:0,1

However, I would vote for the format
object:index,index1,index2

to be supported and being equivalent to

object:index object:index1 object:index2

What do you think about it?

Thanks a lot!
Jirka