Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] rebind subarray
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-27 16:08:48

Hello Rob,

That's exactly what set_area_membind() was meant for.

That said, you can only move entire pages (usually 4kbytes) to another
domain. So you can only move half of your array if you array is larger
than a single page.

You likely need something like this:

[... initialize the hwloc topology ... ]

hwloc_bitmap_t set = hwloc_bitmap_alloc();
hwloc_bitmap_only(set, N); /* where N is the number of the
domain/numa-node where you want to move */
hwloc_set_area_membind(topology, buffer_start, buffer_length_in_bytes,
set, HWLOC_MEMBIND_BIND, HWLOC_MEMBIND_MIGRATE);
hwloc_bitmap_free(set);

Brice