Subject: [hwloc-users] rebind subarray
From: Aulwes, Rob (rta_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-27 16:02:13

Hi,

I'm running OpenMP tests and I see a slow down going from 8 to 16 threads. I'm suspecting that the arrays I'm using are all allocated on a single NUMA domain, so that threads 9-15 encounter a slowdown when accessing those arrays, because they have to cross domains. Suppose that I've allocated an array v[1..100]. Is it possible to use hwloc_set_area_membind_nodeset to reset a portion of the array to another domain? That is, can I "move" v[51..100] to a different NUMA domain?

Thanks,Rob