Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] OpenGL GPU detection code
From: Kenneth A. Lloyd (kenneth.lloyd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-15 15:55:43

-----Original Message-----
From: hwloc-users-bounces_at_[hidden]
[mailto:hwloc-users-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Stefan Eilemann
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 12:55 AM
To: Brice Goglin
Cc: Hardware locality user list

On 14. Feb 2013, at 23:13, Brice Goglin <Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> if (!XNVCTRLIsNvScreen(display, screen)) continue
> (and this also works if the vesa screen isn't the last one).
> So I think we're good here? I am going to commit things tomorrow.

Yes, with this addition it looks watertight. Thanks for your effort and

> By the way, did you check hwloc/gl.h to see if it offers what you need?

Yes, we've integrated it into Equalizer and things look peachy.

> Still no idea if we should call all this "gl" or "display" or "X11" or
> something else?

I would still vote for GL, with possible extensions for WGL_NV_gpu_affinity
and WGL_AMD_gpu_association devices on Windows, as well as CGL renderer IDs
on OS X.

My 2c,

hwloc-users mailing list