Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] OpenGL GPU detection code
From: Stefan Eilemann (eilemann_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-15 02:54:42

On 14. Feb 2013, at 23:13, Brice Goglin <Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> if (!XNVCTRLIsNvScreen(display, screen))
> continue
>

> (and this also works if the vesa screen isn't the last one).
>
> So I think we're good here? I am going to commit things tomorrow.

Yes, with this addition it looks watertight. Thanks for your effort and support.

> By the way, did you check hwloc/gl.h to see if it offers what you need?

Yes, we've integrated it into Equalizer and things look peachy.

> Still no idea if we should call all this "gl" or "display" or "X11" or
> something else?

I would still vote for GL, with possible extensions for WGL_NV_gpu_affinity and WGL_AMD_gpu_association devices on Windows, as well as CGL renderer IDs on OS X.

My 2c,

Stefan.

--
http://www.eyescale.ch