Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] OpenGL GPU detection code
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-14 12:36:21

Le 14/02/2013 14:00, Stefan Eilemann a écrit :
> On 12. Feb 2013, at 23:37, Brice Goglin <Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Stefan (or anybody else interested in hwloc GPU support),
>> Did you have any chance to look at this?
> I can confirm that it works for us now. I did implement an important performance optimization, please look at the usual bug for the patch: https://github.com/BlueBrain/hwloc/issues/1

Can you explain a bit more what you did? I understand that you use
ScreenCount() to avoid useless tests.

But you're only testing the NV-CONTROL extension on :X, not on each
:X.Y. Is it guaranteed that :0.0, :0.1 ... support the same list of
extensions? Isn't it possible to have a single X server with a NVIDIA
board driving :0.0 and a non-NVIDIA board driving :0.1 ?

By the way, please try to not reindent the code next time, it makes the
patch much harder to read :/ (your editor may be doing it in your back)

Brice