Subject: [hwloc-users] Hwloc and Electric Fence (libefence).
From: cessenat_at_[hidden]
Date: 2013-01-29 11:46:33

Hello,

I tried to load Electric Fence (libefence) before calling hwloc functions and I got:
<<
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib64/libefence.so lstopo

  Electric Fence 2.2.0 Copyright (C) 1987-1999 Bruce Perens <bruce_at_[hidden]>

ElectricFence Aborting: Allocating 0 bytes, probably a bug.
Illegal instruction

This occurs when calling hwloc_topology_load,
whatever the release number of hwloc including 1.6.1,
on different linux systems.

Is this a known problem which could be worked around ?
I needed electric fence to detect memory errors in
my code, so for the moment I had to unplug hwloc...

Thanks a lot,

Olivier Cessenat.