Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] OpenGL GPU detection code
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-29 11:07:26

As far as I know, neither OpenCL nor OpenGL have a standard way to query
GPU affinity.
There is a AMD OpenCL extension and there are some NVIDIA specific
libraries (nvml, cuda and nvctrl) that can query GPU affinity but
nothing is portable.

The current plan is to have some OpenCL device info and some OpenGL
device info appear inside GPU PCI devices. That said, I am still not
confident about the current OpenGL thing. The current branch manipulates
what I usually call a display (":0.0") which seem rather X than OpenGL
related, but I am not familiar with all this at all anyway.

Since both OpenCL and OpenCL (and maybe CUDA at some point) may end up
containing attributes describing the capabilities of the (same) GPU,
we'll need to think about displaying them only once in a common place,
but we're not there yet.

Brice