Subject: [hwloc-users] Single hwloc.h header files that work on linux and windows
From: Rolf vandeVaart (rvandevaart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-03 16:29:59

I have an application is supposed to work with both windows and linux. To that end, I downloaded hwloc, configured and then included the hwloc header files in my application. I dynamically load the libhwloc.so library and map the functions I need. If libhwloc.so is not there, then I can still run but give a warning. However, I have run into a problem. hwloc.h includes a whole bunch of other headers, one of which is config.h. And config.h is specific to how the library was configured. Therefore, when I attempt to compile my application on windows, I get an error about missing pthread.h file. This is probably one of many differences.

Is there a special hwloc.h and supporting headers that is system independent so I can include them and build on both windows and linux? Or do I need to have two different sets of header files, one for linux and one for windows? Perhaps I just need a config.h for windows and one for linux and select them at build time.

Rolf

confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by