Subject: [hwloc-users] GPU devices appear as PCI devices
From: Guillermo Miranda (guillermo.miranda_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-20 10:23:00

Hello,

I am trying to detect GPus when traversing through the topology tree,
but they appear as PCI devices instead of OS devices, so I can't compare
the OS type against HWLOC_OBJ_OSDEV_GPU.

I have enabled IO device discovery (HWLOC_TOPOLOGY_FLAG_IO_DEVICES) and
made sure that hwloc's configure properly recognised Cuda (4.1).

Here's what lstopo prints:
          <object type="PCIDev" os_index="536576"
pci_busid="0000:83:00.0" pci_type="0302 [10de:1091] [00de:0042] a1"
pci_link_speed="0.000000">
            <info name="PCIVendor" value="nVidia Corporation"/>
          </object>

Is this the expected behaviour? What can I do to make that GPU be marked
as an OSDEV GPU object?

Thanks in advance.

WARNING / LEGAL TEXT: This message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,
distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender and
destroy and delete any copies you may have received.

http://www.bsc.es/disclaimer