Subject: [hwloc-users] hwloc 1.5, freebsd and linux output on the same hardware
From: Sebastian Kuzminsky (seb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-02 17:45:44

Hi folks, I just discovered hwloc and it's really cool. Very useful, so
thanks!

I'm trying to understand the hardware layout of a computer I'm working
with, an HP Proliant DL360p G8 server with two Intel E5-2690 processors.

I'm getting puzzling results from lstopo (from hwloc 1.5). The results I
get in Linux make good sense, but the results I get in FreeBSD (running on
the same hardware) seem wrong. Specifically, notice how the first 10 CPUs
are not assigned to any socket or L1/L2 cache. Strange!

I've attached the output from both platforms.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?