Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] Solaris and hwloc
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-12 10:28:45

Jeff Squyres, le Wed 12 Sep 2012 16:16:57 +0200, a écrit :
> He seems to get an hwloc error any time he tries to bind to more than 1 PU. Is that expected on Solaris?

Without lgrp support, unfortunately yes: the processor_bind solaris interface only permits to bind to one processor.

With lgrp support, on should be able to bind oneself to sets of whole
NUMA nodes. I don't know any interface which would provide a granularity
between one processor and one NUMA node.

Samuel