Subject: [hwloc-users] Using distances
From: Jeffrey Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-21 06:23:12

I'm trying to use hwloc distances in Open MPI (e.g., find the distance from each OpenFabrics device to the PU(s) where this process is bound), and I'm a bit confused by the distances documentation.

If I have a WHOLE_SYSTEM topology, and I know that this process is bound to one or more PUs (e.g., both PUs in a core), can you summarize how I use the hwloc distances functionality to determine the distance from my process to each of the OF devices?

Thanks!