Subject: [hwloc-users] AMD Opteron 6238 lstopo wrong topology
From: Petros Aristidou (p3tris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-19 07:51:08

Hi everyone,

I run lstopo on my 4-socket 6238, Supermicro system and I get the following
figures: and

It shows that each socket has 2 numanodes with 6 cores each. It shows a
shared L3 memory but dedicated L2 and L1. In other references, like: and
I get that L1 is dedicated, L2 is shared by 2 cores and L3 shared by all 6
in the numanode.

What's the truth? Is lstopo wrongly reporting that?

I am running the latest stable version of Debian Linux (6.0.4 Squeeze) with
all updates and have hwloc v1.4.1 installed.

Any insight is welcome!