Subject: [hwloc-users] AMD Opteron 6238 lstopo wrong topology
From: Petros Aristidou (p3tris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-19 07:51:08

Hi everyone,

I run lstopo on my 4-socket 6238, Supermicro system and I get the following
figures: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/258337/lstop_odysseus_1.4.1.pdf and
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/258337/lstopo_verbose.txt

It shows that each socket has 2 numanodes with 6 cores each. It shows a
shared L3 memory but dedicated L2 and L1. In other references, like:
http://www.olcf.ornl.gov/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/TitanWorkshop2012_Day1_AMD.pdf
http://www.siliconmechanics.com/files/BulldozerInterlagosInfo.pdf and
http://www.hpc2n.umu.se/resources/abisko/cpuarch
I get that L1 is dedicated, L2 is shared by 2 cores and L3 shared by all 6
in the numanode.

What's the truth? Is lstopo wrongly reporting that?

I am running the latest stable version of Debian Linux (6.0.4 Squeeze) with
all updates and have hwloc v1.4.1 installed.

Any insight is welcome!

Petros