Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] Problems on SMP with 48 cores
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-15 08:55:50

Hartmut Kaiser, le Thu 15 Mar 2012 12:35:07 +0100, a écrit :
> > > Is the 32bit-on-64bit build fixed too?
>
> That does not work (see attached), but this could be a Windows problem - see
> here:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd405488(v=vs.85).as
> px, there is lengthy remarks section.

Urgl. That's what I was afraid of. hwloc should however still take a
sensible behavior in such case, such as ignoring the processors whose
location is thus indetermined.

> > It'd also be good to test 32-on-32, where there would be two groups,
> > because binding on groups has not been implemented at all due to lacking
> > access to a machine with several groups.
>
> Sorry, I'm not able to do this test. 32bit on WOW64 should give you the same
> results as 'native' 32 bits, though.

Well, I don't think so. AIUI, on 32bit systems, groups are restricted to
at most 32 processors, and thus in the case of your system, there would
be two groups.

Samuel