Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] Problems on SMP with 48 cores
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-15 07:33:31

> Samuel Thibault, le Thu 15 Mar 2012 07:42:40 +0100, a écrit :
> > Brice Goglin, le Wed 14 Mar 2012 22:32:07 +0100, a écrit :
> > > We debugged this in private emails with Hartmut. His 48-core
> > > platform is now detected properly. Everything got fixed with a patch
> > > functionnally-identical to what Samuel sent earlier.
> >
> > Is the 32bit-on-64bit build fixed too?

That does not work (see attached), but this could be a Windows problem - see
here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd405488(v=vs.85).as
px, there is lengthy remarks section.

> It'd also be good to test 32-on-32, where there would be two groups,
> because binding on groups has not been implemented at all due to lacking
> access to a machine with several groups.

Sorry, I'm not able to do this test. 32bit on WOW64 should give you the same
results as 'native' 32 bits, though.

Regards Hartmut
http://boost-spirit.com
http://stellar.cct.lsu.edu