Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] Problems on SMP with 48 cores
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-13 15:09:09

Le 13/03/2012 19:08, Hartmut Kaiser a écrit :
>>> More investigation shows that the code currently assumes group (and
>>> processor) masks to be 32 bit, which is not true on 64 bit systems.
>>> For instance this (topology-windows.c: line 643):
>>>
>>> hwloc_bitmap_from_ith_ulong(obj->cpuset, GroupMask[i].Group,
>>> GroupMask[i].Mask);
>> Try applying something like the patch below. Totally untested obviously,
>> but we'll see if that starts improving lstopo.
> Partially better, but mostly just differently wrong :-P (see attached debug
> output and straight console output of lstopo)

Thanks. The remaining problems don't look obvious. Something strange
seems to happen right after the windows backend added all objects. I
wonder if we have some problems in the bitmap management code. Can you
try to run some tests ? Maybe not all of make check, but at least those
that have "bitmap" in their name.

Brice