Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] Problems on SMP with 48 cores
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-13 12:37:27

> >> More investigation shows that the code currently assumes group (and
> >> processor) masks to be 32 bit, which is not true on 64 bit systems.
> >
> > No. What it assumes is that you have a sane compiler where ulong is
> > not 32bits on 64bits systems :)
>
> Ew.
>
> Is the implication here that some flavors of windows have 32 bit ulongs?

No.

> And we need to deal with that?

Yes.

> Or is this a compiler-specific issue?
> (i.e., mingw doesn't have these kinds of issues -- only MSVC does?)

It's because on 64bit systems KAFFINITY has a different size than on 32 bit
systems. That's nothing compiler specific. Remember, your binaries generated
with mingw (64bit) fail for me as well (which was what got me looking into
the issue in the first place).

Regards Hartmut
http://boost-spirit.com
http://stellar.cct.lsu.edu