Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] Problems on SMP with 48 cores
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-13 10:37:08

> > But the problems I was seeing were not MSVC specific. It's a
> > proliferation of arcane (non-POSIX) function use (like strcasecmp,
> > etc.) missing use of HAVE_UNISTD_H, HAVE_STRINGS_H to wrap
> > non-standard headers, unsafe mixing of
> > int32<->int64 data types, reliance on int (and other types) having a
> > certain bit-size, totally unsafe shift operations, wide use of
> > (non-C-standard) gcc extensions, etc. Should I go on?
>
> Can you send patches?

As I said, I gave up at some point. So, no - sorry. I have nothing coherent
enough to submit as a patch.

> FWIW, hwloc is working for me with a wide array of POSIX-ish compilers on
> POSIX-ish platforms (albeit perhaps many of them are quite similar -- 64
> bit systems on more-or-less modern-ish hardware). There's quite a degree
> of portability built in, but if we missed some stuff, well, we're not
> perfect. :-)

Sure. Please understand that I'm fully aware of the open source/volunteer
character of this project (and I do very much appreciate your effort). I'm
not trying to criticize but just to report problems I'm seeing.

Regards Hartmut
http://boost-spirit.com
http://stellar.cct.lsu.edu