Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] Problems on SMP with 48 cores
From: Jeffrey Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-13 10:15:00

On Mar 13, 2012, at 5:51 AM, Hartmut Kaiser wrote:

> But the problems I was seeing were not MSVC specific. It's a proliferation
> of arcane (non-POSIX) function use (like strcasecmp, etc.) missing use of
> HAVE_UNISTD_H, HAVE_STRINGS_H to wrap non-standard headers, unsafe mixing of
> int32<->int64 data types, reliance on int (and other types) having a certain
> bit-size, totally unsafe shift operations, wide use of (non-C-standard) gcc
> extensions, etc. Should I go on?

Can you send patches?

FWIW, hwloc is working for me with a wide array of POSIX-ish compilers on POSIX-ish platforms (albeit perhaps many of them are quite similar -- 64 bit systems on more-or-less modern-ish hardware). There's quite a degree of portability built in, but if we missed some stuff, well, we're not perfect. :-)