Subject: [hwloc-users] Problems on SMP with 48 cores
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-13 07:37:19

Hey all,

Let me first say that hwloc is an excellent attempt in providing a portable
and cross-platform solution to introspect topology
-related information for different pieces of hardware. Thanks for working on
that.

Trying to use hwloc on a 48 bit core machine (Windows x64) causes problems,
though. Any information requests for processing units above number 32 return
garbage (see also the attached output of 'lstopo -of txt').

I tried to recompile the library using MSVC which would allow me to debug
the issue, but after several hours of tweaking I gave up. As it turns out
the code base is everything but portable, which is really unfortunate for a
library which is supposed to be cross platform.

Regards Hartmut
http://boost-spirit.com
http://stellar.cct.lsu.edu