Subject: [hwloc-users] creation and destruction of bound threads
From: Albert Solernou (albert.solernou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-30 06:36:44

Hi,
I am working on a threaded code, and want to bind threads to cores.
However, the process creates and destroys the threads, so here is the
question:
   What happens if I enter on a threaded part of the code, bind "thread
X" to a core, return to a serial part and then thread again? Can I
expect to find thread X bound to the core I bound it previously?

I guessed that the answer is "no", but I couldn't prove it using a
simple program.

Thank you,
Albert