Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] Bogus files in 64bit Windows binary distribution (1.4rc1)
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-19 18:43:16

> Hartmut Kaiser, le Thu 19 Jan 2012 22:48:50 +0100, a écrit :
> > We are using hwloc with VS2010 and were happy to realize that after
> > the (for
> > us) totally broken Windows binary distribution in V1.3
> Broken? How so? It worked for me.

Try it, the autoconf/config.h has settings not compatible with VC++, for

/* Maybe before gcc 2.95 too */
#if !defined(HWLOC_HAVE_ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED) && defined(__GNUC__)
# define __hwloc_attribute_unused __attribute__((__unused__))
# define __hwloc_attribute_unused

etc. This essentially always defines __hwloc_attribute_unused to expand to
the __attribute__() (from

> Not-reported bugs are usually not fixed.

Sure, I was about to report it when I found the V1.4rc1 to be usable.

> > Some investigation showed that the file libhwloc.lib was compiled for
> > 32bit and therefore causes trouble in 64bit builds.
> Oh, that's possible indeed, I need to fix the build script to pass
> whatever flag is needed to make a 64bit .lib. You should be able to do it
> from the provided .def file, using the lib.exe tool from VS.

Yep, that's what I did.

> > While it is trivial to regenerate the corresponding 64bit import
> > library from the supplied definition file, it would be nice to be able
> > to directly use the distributive from your site.
> Sure, thanks for the report!

Regards Hartmut