Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] Bogus files in 64bit Windows binary distribution (1.4rc1)
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-19 17:48:18

Hartmut Kaiser, le Thu 19 Jan 2012 22:48:50 +0100, a écrit :
> We are using hwloc with VS2010 and were happy to realize that after the (for
> us) totally broken Windows binary distribution in V1.3

Broken? How so? It worked for me.

Not-reported bugs are usually not fixed.

> Some investigation showed that the file libhwloc.lib was compiled for 32bit
> and therefore causes trouble in 64bit builds.

Oh, that's possible indeed, I need to fix the build script to pass
whatever flag is needed to make a 64bit .lib. You should be able to do
it from the provided .def file, using the lib.exe tool from VS.

> While it is trivial to regenerate the corresponding 64bit import library
> from the supplied definition file, it would be nice to be able to directly
> use the distributive from your site.

Sure, thanks for the report!

Samuel