Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] GPU/NIC/CPU locality
From: Stefan Eilemann (eilemann_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-30 02:44:33

On 29. Nov 2011, at 11:36, Brice Goglin wrote:

> Le 29/11/2011 09:57, Stefan Eilemann a écrit :
>>
>> I use them mostly with OpenGL ('XOpenDisplay(":0.<gpu>")' and RDMA in Equalizer/Collage (see links in signature). Is there a straight way to associate the GPUs with the corresponding X screen? I guess at least the path through the Xorg PCI ID should work, but it would be nice to have that in hwloc.
>
> I need to think about it, it doesn't look very easy to implement.

Let me know if I can help. We would be quite interested in this feature.

Ideally there should be the following fields. I'll use the Equalizer terms, but feel free to use others if you don't like them:

- port: the X server number or unused (Windows/Mac)
- GL device: The X screen, affinity device (Windows) or CGL renderer ID (OS X)
- Cuda/OpenCL device

The latter is interesting to establish a mapping between GL and Cuda device numbers, which are not necessarily symmetric.

Cheers,

Stefan.

--
http://www.eyescale.ch