Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] Bind current thread to a specific cpu
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-18 04:25:07

Are you talking about logical ids (the one given by hwloc) or
physical/OS ids (the one given by the OS and possibly in strange order)
? You should avoid using physical ids, but...

If logical, you can hwloc_get_obj_by_type() to get the corresponding
object, then use its ->cpuset.

If physical, you just need a cpuset that contains the bit corresponding
to this id. You can use hwloc_bitmap_only(set, <id>) to reset a
(previously allocated) cpuset to nothing but this id.

Brice

Le 18/08/2011 10:10, PULVERAIL Sébastien a écrit :

> Hi,
>

> I'm looking for a function that allows to bind the current thread to a
> specific cpu given by its id.
>

> I found the function hwloc_set_thread_cpubind to bind a thread to a
> cpuset.
>
> I also found the function hwloc_bitmap_singlify to keep only one index
> in the cpuset.
>
> But I didn't found anything to only keep the cpu I need in my cpuset...
>

> Is it possible ?
>

> Best regards

> *Sébastien Pulvérail*| Sogeti High Tech
>
> Phone +33 (0) 5 34 46 92 98 | Mobile +33 (0) 6 84 44 73 26
>
> sebastien.pulverail_at_[hidden] <mailto:sebastien.pulverail_at_[hidden]>
>

> 3 Chemin de Laporte | Bât. AEROPARK | 31300 Toulouse | France
>
> www.sogeti.com / www.sogeti-hightech.fr
>

> logo_signature_email_Sogeti High Tech

picture