Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] Re : lstopo on multiple machines
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-17 02:26:54

Le 17/08/2011 08:03, Christopher Samuel a écrit :
> On 17/08/11 00:07, Jeff Squyres wrote:
>
> > That being said, having better support for being able
> > to aggregate data from multiple hwloc instances
> > (e.g., lstopo) on multiple machines into a single,
> > cohesive map, would be great (waving hands here; I have
> > no specific suggestions).
>
> What about an MPI version of lstopo ?

If you want to see the entire MPI job topology within a single topology,
doing it inside hwloc would likely require to check for mpirun/mpiexec
parameters and so on at configure... big mess. Something like below with
the previously proposed API/utility may be enough:
    mpirun lstopo <hostname>.xml
    hwloc_xml_agregate cluster.xml *.xml
    export HWLOC_XMLFILE=cluster.xml

Brice