Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] Magny Cours L3 cache issue
From: Wheeler, Kyle Bruce (kbwheel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-16 10:49:23

On Aug 15, 2011, at 4:14 PM, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> Wheeler, Kyle Bruce, le Tue 16 Aug 2011 00:11:41 +0200, a écrit :
>> I'm having the problem that my Magny Cours system is being identified (via hwloc-ls) as sharing an L3 cache between the NUMAnodes on a single socket. I know that this is not actually true, and I don't know how to begin debugging hwloc to see why it thinks that about the L3 cache. Thoughts?
>
> I guess you have updated to the latest Linux kernel version?

Unfortunately, this is not on a machine I have root access to. But, for what it's worth, here's the uname -a output:
Linux mzlogin01e 2.6.27.45-0.1-default #1 SMP 2010-02-22 16:49:47 +0100 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

> If the problem persists, please attach the output of lstopo after having
> given the --enable-debug option to ./configure and rebuilt completely,
> to get debugging output. Also attach the /proc + /sys tarball generated
> by the installed script hwloc-gather-topology.sh

I'm attaching the lstopo output, but hwloc-gather-topology doesn't seem to work on my compute nodes... not sure why. It doesn't report any failures, but it doesn't create the tarball either (just spits out more lstopo output).

--
Kyle B. Wheeler
Dept. 1423: Scalable System Software