Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] Re : lstopo on multiple machines
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-16 10:26:58

Jeff Squyres, le Tue 16 Aug 2011 16:09:24 +0200, a écrit :
> I'd be against hwloc automatically spreading across multiple machines. I think there are plenty of tools to do that already.

I fully agree. There is no way to be able to interact with each and
every job scheduler anyway.

> That being said, having better support for being able to aggregate data from multiple hwloc instances (e.g., lstopo) on multiple machines into a single, cohesive map, would be great (waving hands here; I have no specific suggestions).

This is ticket https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/hwloc/ticket/23
We actually already have the basic support for this: SYSTEM and MACHINE
are different objects, and it is possible (though we don't ship a tool
for this) to merge existing xml files. There is an example of output in
tests/xml/8em64t-2mi2ma2c.xml

Samuel