Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] Re : lstopo on multiple machines
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-16 10:07:52

I'd be against hwloc automatically spreading across multiple machines. I think there are plenty of tools to do that already.

That being said, having better support for being able to aggregate data from multiple hwloc instances (e.g., lstopo) on multiple machines into a single, cohesive map, would be great (waving hands here; I have no specific suggestions).

On Aug 16, 2011, at 10:02 AM, Brice Goglin wrote:

> Hello Seb,
> Hwloc only looks at the local machine, there's no support for multinode topology detection so far. We are considering adding it but we don't know yet what users want to do with it, if it should be in the core or not, automatic or nor. Your feedback is welcome.
> Brice

For corporate legal information go to: