Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] hwloc get cpubind function
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-09 12:27:36

Gabriele Fatigati, le Tue 09 Aug 2011 18:14:55 +0200, a écrit :
> hwloc_get_cpubind() function, return, according to the manual, "current process
> or thread binding". What does it means?

The cpuset to which the current process or thread (according to flags)
was last bound to. That is, the converse of set_cpubind().

> It return cpu index where process/ thread runs?

No, hwloc_get_last_cpu_location() does that.

> If yes, which cpuset  I have to use in function arguments?

get_cpubind returns a cpuset, you just provide one you have allocated
the way you prefer.

> Could you give me a little example to use it?

It is really just the converse of hwloc_set_cpubind(), so for instance:

set = hwloc_bitmap_alloc();
hwloc_get_cpubind(topology, &set, 0)

Samuel