Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] on using hwloc_get_area_membind_nodeset
From: Alfredo Buttari (alfredo.buttari_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-06 02:48:09

Brice, Samuel,
thanks for your very quick replies. Yes you're right, errno is set to
ENOSYS. No luck.
Maybe I can get away with a single call to get_mempolicy (no need to
check for all the pages in the memory area).
Thanks again

best regards
alfredo

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 8:34 PM, Brice Goglin <Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You're running Linux and errno is ENOSYS, right? From what I remember,
> it's not supported on Linux because getting memory binding is very
> poorly supported. I think we could implement it but it would be very
> slow (one get_mempolicy syscall per virtual page or something like that).
>
> Brice

Alfredo Buttari, PhD
CNRS-IRIT
2 rue Camichel, 31071 Toulouse, France