Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] hwloc 1.2 compilation problems
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-20 19:00:41

Carl Smith, le Tue 21 Jun 2011 00:44:20 +0200, a écrit :
> Seems like it's lstopo-text.c's assumption that /usr/include/term.h is
> appropriate to include with ncurses support that's causing the cross-pollution.

Ah, ok. So what fails to link is

/* cc test.c -o test -lncurses */
#include <ncurses.h>
#include <term.h>
int main(void) {
}

is that right? If so we can simply add including <term.h> to the link
test, and thus configure will discover that it should use curses to get
term working, not ncurses.

> hwloc didn't adjust the include path if ncurses was found,

It'd be a difficult thing to do actually. The ncursesw implementation
uses ncursesw/ for instance.

> so I tried a simple experiment without my last suggested change but a
> different include path,
>
> $ ./autogen.sh
> $ ./configure CC=/usr/vac/bin/cc CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/ncurses"
>
> and it configured and built correctly.

and this would still work too to get hwloc built against ncurses instead
of curses.

Samuel