Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] hwloc 1.2 compilation problems
From: cs_at_[hidden]
Date: 2011-06-13 22:18:27

> Unfortunately I don't know any more, because the AIX machine I used to
> build on just died.

        If our configuration had worked out of the box, I'd be inclined
to volunteer some help. Inasmuch as it didn't, I'd be concerned that we
don't have very representative configurations.

> There is no particular compilation instruction, just
> the standard ./configure && make && make install, and I also tested
> setting CC=xlc

        Turns out xlc == /usr/vac/bin/cc.

> The warnings about pure and wchar_t are completely harmless. The errors
> about cur_strs, cur_nums and cur_bools are not from our code, I guess
> it's from some issue in the ncurses library on AIX. Did you try to use
> -bloadmap or -bnoquiet, as the error message suggests?

        The flags themselves were unhelpful - just presenting the same data
in another way. The problem is that those symbols are present (on our systems
at least) in libcurses but not libncurses, which is what the HWLOC_TERMCAP_LIBS
uses (because the search path in config/hwloc_internal.m4 places ncurses before
curses), so specifying LIBS="-lcurses" on the configure line did the trick.

                        Carl