Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] HWLOC problem
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-07 13:04:01

(brought over from the OMPI user's list)

This likely means you installed hwloc to a non-standard location (meaning that your system is not looking for shared libraries in $hwloc_prefix/lib by default).

If you prepend/append your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable (or set it, if it's not already set) to include $hwloc_prefix/lib, it should find hwloc's shared library and lstopo -- and all of its friends -- should work fine.

On Jun 7, 2011, at 12:51 PM, vaibhav dutt wrote:

> Hi,
> I have installed HWLOC 1.2 on my cluster , each node has two Intel Xeon E5450 quad cores.
> When I try to execute the command "lstopo" to determine the hardware topology of my system,
> I get an error like:
> ./lstopo: error while loading shared libraries: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> Can anyone please help me as to what is the reason for this error and where can I find this shared
> library.
> Thanks.

For corporate legal information go to: