Subject: Re: [hwloc-users] Compiling Hwloc-1.1 on Windows 7 x64 Editiono
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-09 21:58:30

Samuel Thibault, le Fri 10 Dec 2010 08:12:36 +0800, a écrit :
> Amna Aslam, le Thu 09 Dec 2010 19:08:21 +0100, a écrit :
> > can you tell me the steps for compiling hwloc using this mingw64.
>
> The same as usual: ./configure && make

Apparently the mingw64 website does not provide a 64bit version of msys,
so configure will only build a 32bit version. You need to make sure the
minw64 compiler (e.g. x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc.exe) is in the PATH, and pass
--host=x86_64-w64-mingw32 to ./configure

Just to make sure: do you really need a 64bit version of hwloc for use
in a 64bit application, or just hwloc tools which can run on a 64bit
windows? (in the latter case a 32bit build should be just fine)

> > i am getting this error, when i type make it says.
> > "fatal error: sys/mman.h  no such file or directory".
>
> So there's a bug, please post the output of

Mmm, maybe you are using rc3? IIRC there was a mingw32 bug there
(that's why I didn't provide a windows build of it).

I've also tried mingw64 myself, and there's a problem with its
definition of LOGICAL_PROCESSOR_RELATIONSHIP which I've just
fixed in the svn, so please try tomorrow's nightly snapshot from
http://www.open-mpi.org/software/hwloc/nightly/v1.1/ instead.

Samuel