Subject: [hwloc-users] hwloc sockets support on solaris
From: Terry Dontje (terry.dontje_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-23 15:56:35

Does hwloc think it supports binding processes to sockets or multiple
cpus? I am asking because I believe there are no current Solaris
accessors that support this (processor_bind only binds a pid or a set of
pids to a *single* processor).

I bring this up because in testing OMPI with hwloc support it looks like
-bind-to-socket is acting like -bind-to-core on Solaris. I believe the
issue is hwloc should be returning an error to tell OMPI it cannot
bind-to-socket or multiple cpus at that.

--
Oracle
Developer Tools Engineering | +1.650.633.7054
Oracle
Developer Tools Engineering | +1.650.633.7054
Oracle * - Performance Technologies*
95 Network Drive, Burlington, MA 01803

picture
picture